Tuesday, February 22, 2011

MEGAN::WHITMARSH::



COLOR DANCE BOMB (DETAIL)

THERE ARE FEW TIMES WHERE I FIND VIRTUAL EYECANDY ON PURPOSE. I USUALLY TRIP OVER MY GOOGLE SEARCHES AND ENCOUNTER SOMETHING SO FABULOUS I HAVE TO ENLARGE MY SCREEN WINDOW.
THE ART OF MEGAN WHITMARSH HAPPENS TO BE ONE OF THOSE HAPPY ACCIDENTS.
HONESTLY I STARTED OUT SEARCHING FOR ARTIST STATEMENTS AND WOUND UP BROWSING THRU TONS OF FLORESCENT COLORED DRAWINGS,EXPLOSIVE LLUSTRATIONS, AND AWESOME SCULPTURAL THING-A-MA-JIGGERS.


MODERN SCULPTURE


RADIANT ARTIFACTS

I WAS SO IMPRESSED WITH HER WORK THAT I DECIDED I WOULD SHOOT HER IN EMAIL TO ASK ABOUT HER INSPIRATIONS ETC. I CAN'T SAY THAT I WAS HOPEFUL ABOUT A RESPONSE, IT WAS A MERE SHOT IN THE DARK. TO MY SURPRISE SHE RESPONDED! I WAS THRILLED AND SHE WAS THRILLED THAT THERE WAS A FELLOW ART LOVER IN OUR UNIVERSE.


GIANT SCULPTURE

TRASH MOUNTAIN (DETAIL)

SHE WAS ALSO COURTEOUS ENOUGH TO EMAIL ME THESE IMAGES. <3 AWESOME-SAUCE.

*KANSAS CITY ART INSTITUTE BFA
*UNIVERSITY OF NEW ORLEANS MFA
*LIVES/WORKS IN LA
*AWESOME WORK
*SHOP HER PRINTS
*WEBSITE

No comments:

Post a Comment